The Bath and Bristol Mindfulness Courses
– something a bit different
Nothing goes right on the outside when nothing is going right on the inside. Matthieu Ricard
Started in by Philippa Vick in 2006 and having taught mindfulness to many hundreds of people, our courses have evolved out of a combination of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBSR and MBCT) and more traditional Buddhist practices. Based on what we find works best, we now offer courses that:
- Teach authentic and simple mindfulness practices equally suitable for the beginner and more experienced student.
- Place particular emphasis on being mindfully present with our emotions at critical moments in our life as well as our thoughts, body sensations and senses.
- Have two experienced and psychologically trained teachers on every principle course.
- Draw on our long accumulated and valuable store of experience as psychotherapists and cousellors.
- And similarly draw on our own very long engagement with our own personal meditation practices.
- Place great importance on kindness, compassion, curiosity and non-striving.
- May be gainfully used in conjunction with psychotherapy and counselling.
- Due to our concern to form a stable and nourishing meditation ‘habit’, offer a good way to restart a stalled or dormant mindfulness practice.